Thursday, June 16, 2011

Field Day @ IL




FIELD DAY has been happening for years and years here on the East Coast. It is something the entire school participates in. The volunteers are Jr. high and high school kids who volunteer. I found out that starting in 6th grade, 2 days of community service each year is required (I love this idea!). IL breaks the team up into 2 teams: purple and green. Green has been the winner the past few years but this year purple won. Yeah, because we were on purple (notice my purple shirt?)! A lot of time, thought, and energy goes into this. Mr. Frank, the schools gym teacher organizes everything, complete with a DJ, BBQ lunch, and over 15 stations, all timed perfectly at 6 minutes each! I also loved it because I could go and watch and enjoy the day too. Once again, another thumbs up for Indian Lane!

No comments: