So, we had a great time at the concert last Friday night. We had my good friend Susanna watch the kids. We met her in Aalborg when her boyfriend played on the team. They have 2 little girls - Silja, 6 and Emma, 6 weeks. THANK YOU SUSANNA! First off, many were surprised that I was going to this concert. Snoop was the first tape I ever bought. I was in 6th grade. My friend Katie and I went and bought it at the music store (cannot think of the name and it is killing me) on the corner of Walnut and Tustin. I even remember walking past Danny's house and being shy... My parents did not know I bought this. Holy cow I would be livid if my kids listened to this kind of music. (mom, pay back I know) I decided to be Danish for the night and got the great idea of riding our bikes. It's about 1.5 mile to the city. Danny and I were having a great time chatting away, enjoying riding our bikes when I got this stupid idea that I didn't like my dinger on my bike. Danes all ride their bikes and love to ding people when they want to pass. Well, I complained that mine sounded crappy. Danny then in turn thought he would let me hear what his sounded like... beer in his right hand, trying to ding me with the left = falling off and crashing into a big bush. I saw the whole thing... It was awful. He refused to go home and not go to the concert. He said he was fine. (he couldn't even walk the next day and missed his game on Sunday against his old team, AaB) So, the concert says start time 8pm. Well, we all know concerts don't start on time so we actually left around 8pm to go. Little did I know that it was in a rather small room - standing room only. Ugh! When you are short standing room only sucks! Danny didn't quite understand why I wanted to leave. I asked if they were aloud to smoke inside and he said no, of course not. LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE. Not only was there smoking cigarettes, their was pot being passed right before my eyes. I've never smoke a cigarette, let alone be next to a joint. I kept thinking could I get high from this stuff being so close? I am clueless about drugs... good thing Danny's not. It's 9pm now and he is not anywhere close to coming on... so, I start to look around and am shocked at what I see. First off, there are more "dark skinned" people here than I have ever seen in my entire time in Denmark. Second, there are moms here with their kids. I asked one mom how old her son was and she said 13! 13! I tried to imagine me taking Blake or Jude to a concert like this and I just couldn't do it. Denmark is very diff though regarding music, sex, drugs, etc.. Well, Snoop came on, played a lot of old music and new music. It was a good show (I could see most of the time), I smelled of the pot, we didn't ride home because of the rain, and the kids slept in a little. It was a very memorable night.
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Snoop Dogg Concert
So, we had a great time at the concert last Friday night. We had my good friend Susanna watch the kids. We met her in Aalborg when her boyfriend played on the team. They have 2 little girls - Silja, 6 and Emma, 6 weeks. THANK YOU SUSANNA! First off, many were surprised that I was going to this concert. Snoop was the first tape I ever bought. I was in 6th grade. My friend Katie and I went and bought it at the music store (cannot think of the name and it is killing me) on the corner of Walnut and Tustin. I even remember walking past Danny's house and being shy... My parents did not know I bought this. Holy cow I would be livid if my kids listened to this kind of music. (mom, pay back I know) I decided to be Danish for the night and got the great idea of riding our bikes. It's about 1.5 mile to the city. Danny and I were having a great time chatting away, enjoying riding our bikes when I got this stupid idea that I didn't like my dinger on my bike. Danes all ride their bikes and love to ding people when they want to pass. Well, I complained that mine sounded crappy. Danny then in turn thought he would let me hear what his sounded like... beer in his right hand, trying to ding me with the left = falling off and crashing into a big bush. I saw the whole thing... It was awful. He refused to go home and not go to the concert. He said he was fine. (he couldn't even walk the next day and missed his game on Sunday against his old team, AaB) So, the concert says start time 8pm. Well, we all know concerts don't start on time so we actually left around 8pm to go. Little did I know that it was in a rather small room - standing room only. Ugh! When you are short standing room only sucks! Danny didn't quite understand why I wanted to leave. I asked if they were aloud to smoke inside and he said no, of course not. LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE. Not only was there smoking cigarettes, their was pot being passed right before my eyes. I've never smoke a cigarette, let alone be next to a joint. I kept thinking could I get high from this stuff being so close? I am clueless about drugs... good thing Danny's not. It's 9pm now and he is not anywhere close to coming on... so, I start to look around and am shocked at what I see. First off, there are more "dark skinned" people here than I have ever seen in my entire time in Denmark. Second, there are moms here with their kids. I asked one mom how old her son was and she said 13! 13! I tried to imagine me taking Blake or Jude to a concert like this and I just couldn't do it. Denmark is very diff though regarding music, sex, drugs, etc.. Well, Snoop came on, played a lot of old music and new music. It was a good show (I could see most of the time), I smelled of the pot, we didn't ride home because of the rain, and the kids slept in a little. It was a very memorable night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment