Sunday, December 6, 2009

So Long DK!

Although I am sad to leave the friends I have made and the memories we have shared, it has been a long 4 years and I am ready to start new again! Here's my list of things I'll miss and the things I won't miss (too easy):

Won't Miss:
Weather
1 car
Stick shift
Cost of living
3 sets of stairs in my house
Long flights to and from CA
Their money - the coins stink
Language - although everyone speaks English, Danish is ugly
Going to the many grocery stores just to get a deal

Will Miss:
Friends I have made
Our free gas card
Our house - the yard is amazing, each kid has their own room, we have a playroom, large living area, etc..
Listening to Paige and Blake speak Danish (it's cute when they speak it :) )
My Thursday lunch bunch get together
Taking the train on Saturdays - it's kind of fun and the kids love it
Having Europe so close.... but we'll be close to other places near PA so that is exciting

We are outta here in 4 days and I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am. Right now the kids are sitting in our big living room where a super comfy blue couch once sat. Soon, our beds, the table we ate on for 4 years almost everynight, and the home we made will be gone. The only thing we'll take is the memories we made. I hope the kids will remember because we have some great ones, sad ones, happy ones, and ones we'd like to forget. Either way, Thanks Denmark for the memories!!

No comments: