Friday, January 22, 2010

Garth's Foundation

We took a trip to Nashville, TN because we received a personal invitation from Mr. Garth Brooks. I LOVE his charity. TEAMMATES FOR KIDS. Garth Brooks is smart. He started a foundation and he used athletes to help it grow and stay alive. Each athlete (football, baseball, soccer, hockey, Nascar, etc..) pledges something at the beginning of the year. Whatever goals they achieve (example: Danny pays $50 for each game won and $25 for each game played) they pay and then Garth triples it. 100% goes to the kids. Check it out @ www.teammatesforkids.com.
We went to Garth's barn at his home! It was AMAZING beyond words. We had some awesome BBQ food and met a lot of cool people. I even sat next to a baseball player who pitched for the Phillies and won the World Series. Too bad I don't know baseball better. I had no idea who he was. Danny said - do you realize you were just talking to a guy who just signed an 18M deal? Hmmm.. don't think he cared about me complaining how expensive DK was then. We had a caricature done so we took a photo with Garth just like it was drawn. He is such a down to earth guy, so easy to talk with, really cares about kids, is a devoted dad and father.
I love this shot! My idea :)
I'm a huge country fan. We went to the Country Music Hall of Fame. It was really cool.
INSANE!!! We had front row seats to this personal, private concert given by Garth and his wife TRISHA YEARWOOD. We could ask questions, ask him to play a favorite song, etc.. He told stories, talked about his childhood, etc.. Both ragged on eachother just like everyday people. It was such a treat to be in that audience.

No comments: