Wednesday, June 30, 2010

New York City

I feel like all of June I have been traveling - Florida, California, NY. I like it but I am tired. I took the Amtrak to New York to meet my friend from 1st grade for her 30th birthday. She has an amazing family who treated her to a 6 day trip in NYC! Lucky lady! I have an amazing mom and husband who took care of my kids so I could go for 2 days.
I have been to NYC 3 times but never did the top of the Empire State Building. It was really breathe taking. I said it last time, and I'll say it again... I am amazed at how big this city is. You won't understand until you go, so I encourage you all to visit.
The sun was setting as we got to the top. Katie pointed out how quiet it was too.. which is so unlike New York. Always crowded, taxi cabs, music, street vendors, busy, busy, busy!
Times Square at midnight. We shopped til 1am.... Her sister, Jenni, likes to shop - A LOT! :)

No comments: