I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the kids school. It is so different from California schools. This is a picture of the ART room. They have art 1/week. It's Paige's favorite thing. They have an art teacher - like in Jr. High. They also have gym, music, library (with a counselor who speaks about hot topics - bullying, friendship, cheating, etc..), and computer lab. Each has it's own room and teacher!! They go once a week to this too.
This is the cafeteria. It's inside, of course. We have yet to buy lunch but I love the system they have. You pre-pay into an account and then the kids enter a code and it's deducted. No worrying about money! Paige eats with only the 1st and 2nd graders and then go out to play together. Nice small groups
Paige's desk is exactly how mine was. Neat, organized, perfect! :) I was kind of sad that I didn't get to walk her to her classroom on the first day of school. I remember my mom doing it and I saw all my friends pictures from California. However, the bus is awesome (so convenient when the weather is crap, a kid is sick, you are too tired to get dressed, etc..) and I wouldn't change it but I will admit I was sad.
Brown hair???
I have no idea who put the hat on him.... they should be fired. jk.
Yeah, he and Paige are quite different in the coloring department.
Blake doesn't have a desk. He sits at a table with 4 other kids. In each classroom they have a smart board and computers for the kids to work on. I did my research before we moved and picked this school because it is AWESOME!
We also don't have to fundraise, which is huge for us since we don't know a lot of people. The school just asks you to donate at the beginning of the year what you can afford. They have a ton of family events too, which are a lot of fun for the kids.
Anyone want to move to PA? We have 2 houses in our neighborhood for sale. Promise, you'll love it :)
3 comments:
Love the classrooms. Looks as if the kids are doing well & having fun!
XO Nana & Papa
I forgot what an American cafeteria looks like with the fun tables/benches. :)
...and I like the lunch code. The kids have credit card type things that we keep losing. :(
Erica has two pairs of sunglasses for you... sorry that's all!
I'll try to call later!
Remember me? Just wanted to pass by and say hi.
The childrens school looks terrific! I really understand you are all happy about it.
We have now moved to England and we are very happy about our school too :) , and our house (if I just could get all the boxes unpacked...) and the new friends we have met (so far all of them seem to be very nice and all the three children have buddies they like). I totally agree with you about the school buses, we don't have that in Sweden since most students live very close to their schools, but it is really convinient.
Now I am on my way for a day in London with another Swedish woman.
Take care! Hugs Ingrid.
PS I love your blog design, do you do it yourself?
Post a Comment