Monday, August 11th - Fly from LAX to Billund, Denmark. Kids are amazing on the flight. 15 hours was cake compared to our itineraries before. No complaints whatsoever. Tuesday - Arrive Billund. Danny picks us up and we see our new home. Lots to do but will be a great place to live. Get to bed at 2am Wednesday - Danny leaves in the morning for England. Cable guy is coming to hook up TV. Wait! We need some code, that will come by the POST in about a week. NO TV for me. No Olympics, no anything. UGH! Kids wake up at 4am and are ready for cereal and movies. I'm sooo tired!!! Oh - try to use my cell phone and it does not work. Thursday - Still unpacking, moving things around, etc.. 3 flights of stairs are kicking my ***. Hopefully it will look good though :). Danny played against Manchester City and won 1-0. (I didn't get to see it because of the TV thing) Friday - Finally leave the house and make a trip to McDonalds (something to do). I'm glad we did because we met an American Family from Los Angeles. Yeah! They have a 16, 12, 9, and 6 year old. We found a babysitter. I'm so excited. Danny comes home this evening. The kids FINALLY sleep through the night. Saturday - The kids and I take a train to Aalborg. Paige was invited to a bday party. We had a great time visiting friends and going to the kids favorite Thai restaurant. Long day. Sunday - Our babysitters from Aalborg made the hour drive to watch the kids all day so I could take the train to Copenhagen and watch Danny's game. The game was terrible but we met up with a friend from Aalborg and had dinner. It was a nice evening. The week is over and we are adjusted. We miss CA but are looking forward to living in Arhus. The list of things to do - find a school for the kids, find a doctor for me, get a new car, get adjusted to the city, finish up the house. Hope you like the pictures attached! I also hit the 20 week mark today.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Our week
Monday, August 11th - Fly from LAX to Billund, Denmark. Kids are amazing on the flight. 15 hours was cake compared to our itineraries before. No complaints whatsoever. Tuesday - Arrive Billund. Danny picks us up and we see our new home. Lots to do but will be a great place to live. Get to bed at 2am Wednesday - Danny leaves in the morning for England. Cable guy is coming to hook up TV. Wait! We need some code, that will come by the POST in about a week. NO TV for me. No Olympics, no anything. UGH! Kids wake up at 4am and are ready for cereal and movies. I'm sooo tired!!! Oh - try to use my cell phone and it does not work. Thursday - Still unpacking, moving things around, etc.. 3 flights of stairs are kicking my ***. Hopefully it will look good though :). Danny played against Manchester City and won 1-0. (I didn't get to see it because of the TV thing) Friday - Finally leave the house and make a trip to McDonalds (something to do). I'm glad we did because we met an American Family from Los Angeles. Yeah! They have a 16, 12, 9, and 6 year old. We found a babysitter. I'm so excited. Danny comes home this evening. The kids FINALLY sleep through the night. Saturday - The kids and I take a train to Aalborg. Paige was invited to a bday party. We had a great time visiting friends and going to the kids favorite Thai restaurant. Long day. Sunday - Our babysitters from Aalborg made the hour drive to watch the kids all day so I could take the train to Copenhagen and watch Danny's game. The game was terrible but we met up with a friend from Aalborg and had dinner. It was a nice evening. The week is over and we are adjusted. We miss CA but are looking forward to living in Arhus. The list of things to do - find a school for the kids, find a doctor for me, get a new car, get adjusted to the city, finish up the house. Hope you like the pictures attached! I also hit the 20 week mark today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment