I am in such a good mood. It's been a long time since I can say that while being in Denmark (I think the last time was on May 16th when I found out I was pregnant with Jude).
Yesterday we went to an American BBQ! It was awesome. There were 6 different American families, with a ton of kids. It was funny because I had to keep reminding Paige and Blake that the kids spoke English and that they could go and talk to them. It was so fun sharing stories, using sarcasm (and people actually getting it), eating American food, talking about the things we like and dislike about Denmark, giving eachother ideas about things to do, laughing at the things we bring from home (some people bring catfood and detergent back), planning playdates, and so much more. We are hosting the next gathering and a part of me can't wait. I have missed entertaining and being the hostess. It was such a huge part of our lives when we lived in Orange. It just made me feel at home. It was an amazing day!
Paige will be (only) 5 soon but low and behold yesterday at the party she tells me her tooth is loose! I didn't think so but it sure is. I can't believe she has a loose tooth. My girl is growing up. As much as I am excited about this event, I am so not looking forward to the pics with the teeth missing. UGH! Anyone have any ideas about how much money the tooth fairy leaves? Oh, and this is off topic but Paige asked her friend if Santa Claus is real? I was shocked.... waited for the girl to answer (who said yes) and I confirmed it with an absolutely. I love being Santa and spoiling my kids.
You can all start laughing now - So, according to Paige, Blake is small, she is medium, I am large and Danny is X large. Well, the other day she decided I should be X Large instead. Funny right? Well, we then go and visit some old friends in Aalborg and she tells them I am X large now, bigger than Daddy, really, really big. Kids just say the dardest things and make you feel so good. I wish I was 5 and could say whatever I wanted - oh wait, I still do sometimes :)
Mr. Blake - Our new observation with this child is that he loves to cook. He wants to help with everything - french toast, eggs, lemonade, rice krispies, shake N bake, his pb&j, etc.. If you're in the kitchen, he wants to be right with you. He loves pretty much all food too which Danny is very much enjoying. His favorite at the moment is french toast for breakfast, pb&J for lunch, and sushi for dinner. I am out numbered when it comes to ordering pizza... I'm so sad.
Speaking of Blake - I don't how it's possible but this kid poops everytime he goes to the bathroom. I'm not joking either. Well, Danny has been trying to get him to stand up and "be a man". Today he did but when I walked in he was using a towel and cleaning up the floor. I looked at him and said what happened? His cute, how can I get mad answer - I was just trying to be a man, and I missed. I'm sorry mommy. I give him a hug and then look around... it's worse than someone who is drunk. It's everywhere - on the wall, on the floor, on the trash can, all over the seat, everywhere. The joys of boys! And, I have another one coming.
So, I finally went to the doctor today. Well, if you could call it that. They spent about 4 mins doing an ultrasound to confirm how far along I am. All she did was measure the head - 25 weeks 6 days - he is growing exactly to the day! I asked if she could see the gender. Basically told me they don't waste their time on that. If I wanted it I could go to a private hospital and pay. (I wanted to argue and yell and say I am paying - almost $15K dollars a month comes out of my husbands paycheck. What the hell am I paying for then?) She printed a few pics and as I was leaving I asked for them. She looked at me and said, that too, you have to pay for. I jokingly said, I'm sure you don't pay for my parking then do you? No, that too is not our responsibilty. I'm just glad he is growing and at the correct rate... don't think I'll be going back anytime soon. Oh, and I think I have a hernia on top of it. Might require surgery but we can't do anything until after I deliver. Mr. Jude better like pizza and be a sleeper like me - Please God, please!!!
Danny - what can I say about Danny?? He is doing OK - His team lost tonight. He is not liking having a yard to mow every week but a gardner is just not an option. We finally visited an indoor pool which he and the kids very much enjoyed. I'm making him happy by not having so many projects for him. He's hoping to get called in with the USMNT next month. If he doesn't, we are planning a trip to Paris with the kids. I don't know which one I am rooting for more. He can't believe the economy and is depressed about our stocks but excited that we will be able to buy low - anyone have any good leads you can tell us about?
So, that's our week.... may not be exciting for you but it was a fun one for us! Don't take the CA life for granted.... the smallest things make us happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment