Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My Memory of Paige's birth

My Paige-e Poo is 5! I can't believe it. Where does the time go? I can remember the day of her birth like it was yesterday. We had to report to the hospital at 6am to be induced. I was ready at 5am and told Danny at 5:30am that we needed to go. He told me to relax (as he is eating his breakfast and watching TV).. we lived 5 mins away and to chill. I was so ready!!

At the hospital Danny was wearing a black knit beanie, with a shirt that showed his tattoos. My mom told me later that the head nurse asked if he was in a gang or something... too funny!

The contractions weren't so bad.. I remember crying over them breaking my water. I hated that part... I was peeing, warm, gooey stuff. Yuck!

I remember so many visitors... especially my friend Melissa. Something about her red hair. 

To this day, I don't like hearing the word sciatica. Everyone asked my condition and the word was used each time to describe my pain - Her sciatica hurts! I now hate that word!

I remember pushing and telling my sister to give me more ice chips... I didn't open my eyes once for the entire 40 mins I pushed... I remember the nurse calling and saying she needed juice stat for the dad (Danny almost fainted - can you believe that??). 

Paige finally arrived, and was quiet as a mouse. She didn't cry until the doctor pinched her. Her eyes were wide open and she was ready to eat. Had a full head of hair and a nice cone head to compliment it. Luckily I was prepared and had a pretty pink beanie for her (thanks Michelle!). 

I remember a ton of visitors coming in and out for the next two days. I thought that I looked "good" but looking back at the pictures what in the hell was I thinking? I had terrible acne, was swollen everywhere, and looked exhausted. Never again will that happen!

Luckily she is a cutie and a keeper! I love you Paige. 

No comments: