My poor little man at 3 1/2 months got his first (and hopefully last) CT scan. He was amazing. We went the morning of my birthday and it was the best present I could have asked for.
The Results: Well, I haven't received the official call from our doctor (I called today but they don't take calls on Monday) but the technician on site the day of the scan phoned me (I'm known as the nervous American) and said that he does have a soft spot. It is just very very small. I don't know if this means he will have to get another scan (I'm going to push for one more before we leave) to make sure it doesn't fully close too early (before 7 months is considered to early - from what the internet say anyways). They will say No because of money. I paid out of pocket for this. Did you know you can get private insurance here? Why you ask when we pay every month? If you want faster, better care that's why. Right now the wait for asthma testing is 1 year. My friend went in for her annual exam and they accidentally scheduled 2 exams the same day and because they only had 1 set of instruments they couldn't see her. And then a lady from our friends church waited 6 months to get chemo treatments and ended up dying. I'm not shocked any more by what I hear. It really is amazing.
I had the hardest job of holding his head perfectly still as they moved him inwards and took the pictures. It was so hard because he was smiling and looking at me the whole time.
Here he is the next day. My big boy. I can't believe he is 3 1/2 months already. I want another one... Danny says No.
No comments:
Post a Comment