Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Please pray for Jude


My sweet baby boy is just adorable and seems to be fine. However, we went for his 3 month apt. today in Denmark (14 1/2 lbs) and they couldn't feel his soft spot. I have never really felt it but didn't think it was that big of a deal. Well, it is! The doctor is referring us to a specialist so we can get a scan to see if he has one or not. This process involves the doctor sending a letter to the hospital. No one specific, just a doctor in this area. Then, I have to wait until I get a letter from them assigning me a date and time. It could be a week or months. Of course I asked if I could just call and make the apt and they said No, that is not how we do it. Great. Another option I have is paying for a private doctor to do the scan. I will obviously do this if I don't hear from the hospital by the end of next week. It is just crazy knowing I pay $15K (yes that's right) each month for healthcare here and then I have to pay out of pocket if it's serious enough to get it done right away. They tried to reassure me that 99% of all babies have one, he doesn't really have any symptoms of not having one (head not growing, constant vomiting or dehydration). If they do find that he does not have one surgery will be needed. I guess to open it up so the head can grow - the main purpose of the soft spot. Otherwise their could be development issues and his head could be misshaped. (God please forgive me for making fun of Chris Struck. Please!)

He just found his hands (which make him go cross eyed. I hate it), is starting to reach for things, and we just started putting him in his exercauser. I just sent Danny out to get him a bumbo seat too. I can see so much of Blake in him and so much of Paige. He found his tongue which is so fun to watch him with.

I love you Jude and think you are so special. I am so glad God gave me another son to love. It is truly amazing how much you can love the next. (We're considering 1 more.. crazy I know. It's that darn show Brothers and Sisters. Watch it. It's great!)
Please pray for him and keep good thoughts. I'll update this post once he gets the scan.

No comments: