Tuesday, April 28, 2009

SICK

I have always loved the poem SICK by Shel Silverstein. I used to have it memorized but now can only remember the first few lines (I am getting old). I looked online and read it to the kids. They both looked at me like that wasn't funny mom. I explained that the little girl was trying to get out of going to school and was making up stories about been SICK. But then her mom told her it was Saturday and suddenly she was all better. I finally gave up and realized I either screwed myself because they didn't know you could "fake" being SICK or I have children who know that school is not too important here and that they often miss "school" for no reason at all. I've said it before, although our lives are not normal I am thankful they are experiencing this. Someday it will be normal and just like everyone else in the OC (except her model/actor boyfriend Luke). But before we return to normal I hope we move to Australia. If Danny's agent is reading this... please, pretty please, make this happen :)

No comments: