Thursday, March 11, 2010
All About Media, PA
I am not one to blog. I like to take up space with all the pics. Plus, my kids are too darn cute so why not. However, I have received many emails with a ton of questions from all of you asking how life on the East Coast is. I am going to jot down my thoughts by person.
Danny: I kept him busy for the 5 days he was here. He's had to be a dad again - forgets that Jude needs a diaper change every once in awhile. He tried to put together a desk from Target (didn't work out so well) but successfully put together another trampoline which the kids are loving. He's back in his element cooking for us. Got to go through boxes and boxes of old clothes. His closet is much fuller than mine.
Left today (Thursday) for 11 days. He'll be celebrating his 30th with his team on St. Patty's day. Sad I can't spend it with him.
Me:
My to do list and list of things to buy is never ending. It's amazing the stuff you need when you have NOTHING. Paige needed neosporine yesterday and I didn't have any. Danny is insisting on picking out our pots and pans so for now I have 1 pot and 1 pan that I am washing and re-using. We also have no knife set. Another thing he insists on buying. I seriously don't have a knife to cut the cantaloupe we just bought. This should be good - Hey, neighbor, can I borrow a knife? Bet it's going to be the first time they've been asked that.
Also, loving this neighborhood. So many families with a ton of kids.
Loving that Delaware is so close. NO SALES TAX! It is awesome.
My vacuum cleaner rules! I use it everyday. I consider that my daily form of exercise.
Everyone seems to know about the Union which is making it really cool. I'm hoping we get some perks from it :)
The association here (we pay like $250/year) organizes Easter Egg Hunts, 4th of July activities, Halloween Parade, etc. They even do a movie night in the summer where they rent a huge projector and watch movies outside.
My plan tonight is to sit on our big comfy couch and relax. I haven't even watched TV yet!
I found some great things for the kids which I am excited about. Already booking summer camps for the kids!!
Danny and I are also planning a trip to Hershey the end of this month.
Paige:
Loves taking the bus to school. I must say it is so convenient. And super cute seeing her run to get on and run to get off.
Her teacher is very nice (although I never see her which is really odd) and has the same system as VPE. She's gald the playground is much bigger.
We got a tour of her school and it's great. It was re-gutted from a Jr. High in 1991 so everything is new and big. Everything is indoors, they have an awesome cafeteria and a gymnasium with bleechers, etc... Oh, and a cool computer lab, art room, and even a science room which she'll go to next year. The classes average 16-19 kids. This school is a blue ribbon and the top 5th Elementary in the state. (PA is 10 in the country)
She loves her room. Just waiting on a desk now...
She rides the bus with 5 neighbor girls. We already have playdates set up for this weekend because of the rain. So far, we've met about 15 kids (6 families).
Blake:
Loves his room too. All his Star Wars stuff is in there so he'll often play alone which is so nice. (hint for 5th bday in June)
We found him a school. It's M W F part time. He'll start Monday. I really like the school because they meet with the district and find out what they are doing in K and work on those things. He'll have a letter of the week, a homework folder, Spanish lessons 1x a week (love this), a music and art class 1x a week. Oh, and they have a cool library which they can borrow a book from weekly. The playground wasn't great but that's OK. He has been great at home but he needs to be around other kids/teacher.
When we first arrived on Saturday we had a little snow. Enough to go sledding which was so fun. He was the first to ask and the first to go down our enormous hill. I didn't think he would ever sled again after his first run. He ended up going backwards and then tumbled down after falling. It was awesome!
He loves going pee outside just like in Denmark he says.
There is a playground super close that we have been riding razors too. This is where we have met so many kids. It's been a lot of fun. I really love this neighborhood.
Jude:
This little guy is busy! He loves running on the hallway into all 4 rooms and then back out again.
He learned how to go down the stairs on his belly in just 2 days. Now I am not so stressed.
My bathtub is huge and he loves it.
He took a pretty good tumble down our hill and got his first ouchy in PA. Come to think of it, I think it was his worst one yet - it would not stop bleeding.
Still loves being outside and runs to the door anytime we open it.
Refuses to play with toys, watch TV or have books read to him. I swear if he was the first we might not have had anymore. He is on the go constantly!
For now, I have nothing but great things to say about everything. Ask me in the winter.. I'm sure I'll have a different opinion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment