Thursday, March 25, 2010

What's Up?

So, we've been here 3 weeks now. Here's what we've been up to:

Soccer - Paige and Blake both started soccer last Saturday. Blake scored the first goal for his team and Paige scored 3 for her team. Danny made it in time for Paige's game. We were both impressed how well she did. She was dribbling and lifting her head up to see the goal. So proud! Blake did well at the beginning and then by the end he was fading out. He is playing with U6 so he's technically young but he looked like he fit right in.

Makin Music - We started a class called Makin Music today. It actually reminded me of the music class in Aalborg that we went too. All 3 kids had a great time - even Jude! It's mainly for him but since they only have morning classes we all go. It's on Thursdays each week.

Jude - He finally started to take to toys - for maybe 30 seconds instead of 10. All I hear is NO JUDE, or MOM, JUDE IS BREAKING MY TOY. He's a little terror and is into everything he shouldn't be. Just today he ate: chalk, rocks, a branch low enough that it was still on the tree, mulch at the playground (along with his bar that dropped in it), and Blake's star wars guy head. He did however entertain himself for almost 20 mins with some sort of pipe that he found under our sunroom. I didn't care. I don't know what to do with him.. any ideas???

School- Paige is doing fine in school. I think she is finally wanting to read. It's so frustrating though. If she can't get it right away she gets so mad. I know mom, it's just like me. However, I am trying to explain how important reading is. I think we are getting somewhere. Blake is just a ham at his school and already had 2 girls "fighting" over him at lunch. He has Spanish once a week and was the only one to get a few words right. Thanks Dora and Daddy! He loves going. I wish he could go everyday.

Neighbors - The kids are busy busy with friends. We are either at the playground or in the backyard daily playing after school. I absolutely love that the neighbor kids come over and ask "can Paige or Blake play". Ahh.. I love it!

Me- I'm keeping busy! So want my husband and chef back. I'm over cooking and cleaning up. I've met some friends in the neighborhood and am enjoying meeting new people. I love the iphone app with Notes on it. It's full of peoples name, kids names, recommendations of things to do, etc.. Next on the list - art class for Paige and a gym pass for me. Summer is right around the corner and since it doesn't look like I'm going to be getting a tummy tuck anytime soon, I better work on it.. ha ha! Had a few downers this week which make me sad but able to bring it back up with a few upcoming trips I just planned - Hershey, PA, NY, Houston (to finally meet Jude's girlfriend Jocelyn), and Boston in July. Love the East Coast!!!

Danny - just had his first game in Seattle. Decided to let it be known he is back in the MLS with a yellow 2 mins in.. Ahhh... how he likes to stress me out. Aside from that, I thought he did ok. I didn't watch the 2nd half. I couldn't. They ended up losing 2-0 and were a man down the 2nd half. They are a young, inexperienced team, and the weather was garbage. They have a lot of work to do but my friend Amy said it best.. it's a long season and a lot can happen! Let's hope so :)

No comments: