I recently put a post on Facebook that my kids have not been to the doctor in awhile. Paige = 4 years, Blake = 3 years, and Jude = 10 months. We're just a little behind on shots. I'm not against shots but since we lived in Denmark and didn't have insurance in the US, I never got them since I had to pay out of pocket. Now, some of you think I'm a terrible mom. My argument is this:
Kids are so drugged on medicine these days, go to the doctor for a cold, runny nose, fever, etc.. They've got to be able to fight it off. I figured that as much as we traveled and we weren't getting sick, it's because out immune system is built up. We even think Paige had H1N1 in Denmark. Even if I wanted to take her to the doctor they wouldn't see her. They told everyone to just stay home, which is what we did. It lasted 3-5 days and then she was fine. No drugs, just rest and eating well. I have not given my kids even Tylenol for years. My mom hates this. Don't get my wrong, my kids have had colds. I swear by Vicks and a Vaporizer.
Me jinxing myself.. Jude has been up all night (like every hour) the past 4-5 nights. It's been awful. I am exhausted. He has a runny nose, cough, and to top it off, has 6 teeth coming in. Poor boy. I did what I always do (above) and propped up his bed. He was fine if I was holding him but soon after, he was up again. He's almost 16 months and has never had an ear infection so I don't really know how he would react. He was fine during the day, the ear wasn't red, and he never tugged at it once.
Danny left today (Thursday) for LA so I decided I would call the doctor and IF they had an opening that worked PERFECTLY with my schedule, I would take it. Damn! They did. So, we go in, wait only 30 mins (wow!), they do the check up = fine!! Totally clear in the chest, ears look great, teeth are coming in!! UGH! I just paid $25 bucks co-pay for nothing... well, I did get a lecture on his shots but that's about it.
She looked at me like I was a bad mom, told me to give him Motrin and call to make an apt. ASAP. Maybe... I'm thinking about it.
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment