Monday, March 14, 2011

R.I.P.

My mom left last week and she usually cleaned and fed the fish with the kids. We had friends over on Saturday night and they commented on how well I had been keeping the fish tank since my mom was gone. It was dirty. So, Danny was home and they were playing games. I thought I'd be this really nice mom and clean the fish tank. It was nice and shiny, the fish were in another bowl. I got side tracked, started doing dishes... then realized I needed to put the fish back in. But, I didn't realize how warm/hot I had the water. I plopped the fish back in, admiring the nice new clean tank. Then, minutes later they were dead. I guess the water was too warm/hot. Oops! Clear sign why I am not a pet person. Blake was devastated. Was a little hysterical. Paige was sad but did not react like Blake. And, Jude didn't really care. He kept saying Mohawk dead, which did not help with Blake who did not think it was funny at all. Unfortunately, we are bad parents and thought it was really funny.

1 comment:

Tara said...

You don't name a post "RIP" and then start it with... "My mom left last week..."
UGH.