Sunday, March 29, 2009

Just an update for fun

Jude - In size 3 diapers, in 9 months clothing and is huge!! He's going through a total growth spurt and eating all the time. He's been napping great though - like 4 hours at a time. Yeah! However, the nights are a different story. I think he knows Danny is gone and he knows I am not a morning person so he's been waking up at 1 and 5 to eat.. UGH! Tonight I gave him a little rice in his bottle (started P and B at 2 months but with his sensitive tummy I wanted to wait). I am just beat doing this single mom thing... I have 5 more days til Danny is home and boy o boy is he going to love me. He always tells everyone that the second he comes home I hand off the kids (so not true) but this time, I am for sure doing it!! Atleast let their be a little truth to it the next time he tells someone that. Get your rest now babe and enjoy reading those books and watching TV.
He's starting to coo and "talk" to his "friends". Still adores Paige and Blake (when they give him the time a day). I will brag and say that he is a momma's boy. He just loves me and gets the biggest smile. I love it! He's been super easy and is such a trooper being dragged in and out of the carseat to pick up the kids from school.
Blake - what can I say but what you see here is what you get 24 hours a day. Seriously it's rediculous!! Clothes on, clothes off, it doesn't matter. Besides playing with himself, he is really into writing his letters and doing workbooks. He absolutely loves his "school" and asks me a million times a day if I know what Nej and Ja mean. Very annoying I might add. He still takes his "job" of picking out the diapers very seriously. He's even taken it up a notch and has to pull the tabs back. Oh, and likes to see the poop each time I change him. I know, he's weird. He's very smart and sometimes a little too smart which gets him into trouble. He likes to talk and will tell you stuff all day long. You have to anknowledge him or he'll keep repeating himself until you do. He's not interested in riding his bike until he is 4. If he's not perfect at it, he quits. Hmm.. might get that from me???
Paige - My early morning riser. She's always so happy which makes it hard but she knows when Danny is gone she can't wake me up until 7am. The first morning she told me "I hate when dad is gone. I need somebody else who likes the morning". Poor thing. I just can't do the morning... She's my little artist. She loves, loves, loves, to draw. She'll make 10 pictures at school each day - and is so proud of each one. She also likes to make books. If you'd like one, let her know. She works very hard on them. In the picture she is making jewelry. She is into patterns and thinks very hard about what pattern will look best. I've signed her up for summer soccer and am going to coach her. She keeps rubbing it in to Blake that she gets to play soccer like Daddy. Ugh, it's a constant fight. She's learning to read thanks to the BOB books from our friend Keri. It's hard with only me because Blake wants to be in the room, Paige gets mad, then Jude needs me... so, Danny, when you get back we need to work on this! She's still very much into her clothing and will not let me pick out her clothes. Someday she might, right?? Her and I have been working on her scrapbook which has been great bonding for us. I love having a daughter.
Our good friends the Pattons are leaving. We've only known them since we moved to Ã…rhus in August last year but I feel like we have known them for a long time. They have a daughter, Alex, who is 6 and a son Connor who is 8. They live super close so she has been my neighbor that I call on in time of need (I have used her too, let me tell you). I took this picture because since they are moving she is cleaning house and gave me these things. I know everyone laughs at what I bring back so I thought I would show you what other Americans can't live with out. (Decaffinated Tea Bags, Uncle Bens Express Rice, Enchilada sauce, Green Chilis, Brown Gravy Mix, Frosting, popcorn, Baked Beans, Hot Chocolate with marshmellows, and sponges)

No comments: