Many of you know that we bought a house in Orange (border of Villa Park and Orange). It needs some work but think we got a good deal and hope we'll get some renters in soon. (suppose to close on Wednesday - I'll post later with pics and info regarding renting it). Anyways, I wired our money from here last week. Looking at our balance yesterday we have less than $1,000 USD in our account and we still have 2 1/2+ weeks til pay day. I guess I didn't think we would need to eat... hmmm... Here comes Kim.
Kim is my personal banker. He is amazing and is so helpful. I just mail him my bills and he takes care of them. We give him a Christmas gift each year and each time questions why I give him something. He doesn't realize how important he is to my survival while here in Denmark. (Kim is a very popular male Danish name. I still smile everytime I call him. It's just so funny to me). Anyways, I call him to find out what the wire info is so I can wire money from our account in the states (where I just wired the money to). Kim: No, No, No, No. How much do you need? (me, thinking, What?) Me: Well, how about $4000 usd? How can you do that? Kim: Oh, we'll just give you a loan until payday. Me: Seriously, you can just give me money? Kim: Sure No problem... DONE DEAL. Me: Great. Thanks (shocked)!
One nice thing about Denmark. If it were only that easy in the states... Advice: get to know your banker... take in your checks and get to know the tellers... they'll see you and when it comes down to needing something they'll remember you and want to help.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment