Our hotel room was so small that the kids were on the floor in the smallest space. I can't wait to show this to them everytime they are mad at eachother.
So, these bears are decorated all over the city. They are left over from the Olympics in 1936 (that's the rumor anyways). Well, Paige was sitting so cute on it and my friend Tara got the idea that i should get on it with her. Well, that bear is slippery. I jumped up and on and fell off the other side in about 1 second. I took Paige with me too but luckily I caught her so she didn't hit the ground. Tara is such a good photographer she got it all on film. :)
This is the one thing Danny really wanted to see. Checkpoint Charlie. (check out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checkpoint_Charlie for a photo of it in 1977)
Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe
“I don’t want people to walk away with a clear conscience.” – Peter Eisenman In 1989, the Association for the Promotion of the Establishment of a Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe put forth the idea of
establishing a monument to commemorate the Holocaust. After receiving government support and funding, more than 500 proposals were evaluated before Peter Eisenman’s design was selected. The original idea was to have a concrete slab engraved with all the names of the murdered Jews, but was quickly rejected for being “too German” and too reminiscent of “Nazi death rosters.” Eventually, the final design, which featured 2,711 concrete slabs over 4.7 acres, was approved.
No comments:
Post a Comment