Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Prague #3

I took these pics while driving (don't lecture me. We made it.) Our plan was to leave Friday morning at 9:30am. We were all packed, the kids were ready, etc.. All we needed to do was go get our cars out of the teeny tiny parking area. Paul and I went and when I tried to start the car it wouldn't start. My battery was dead. The lights were left on. Great. Fabulous. Are you kidding me right now? Jude needed a nap, what were we going to do?? Thankfully Martin, the owner of the hotel was amazing and he took Paul to get jumper cables. Fast forward 2 hours - finally on the road. Things are going well... and then there is snow. Snow, in the middle of October. I just had to take pics or no one would believe me.

Our plan was to drive to Hamburg (5 hours from Prague) to meet our friends for dinner and spend the night because there was no physical way I could drive any longer with the kids. Goal was 5:30pm but we didn't get there until almost 8:30pm. 3 kids, 1 screaming, 1 begging for water (I was a bad mom for 3 hours. I couldn't afford to stop anymore), and 1 asking "Are we there yet?" made this drive seem worse than flying for 24 hours. We finally made it to our friends where a home cooked meal awaited us. It was heaven. Thank you Young Family.
The babies enjoying the long, roomy hallways to crawl and run in. This hotel was heaven and such a nice way to end a long day. Paying more money for a nice hotel is sooooo worth it.
The worst thing about vacation. Coming home and having a ridiculous amount of laundry to do.

Final Thoughts on Prague: Very pretty, great architecture, a city Danny would love, not a city for kids, fun time traveling with another family. Probably would not go back but a couple traveling Europe, it is a must!

No comments: