Most of you know, and now that FCM has shared the news (see below), we will be leaving Denmark come December 10th.
Where will we be going? We have no idea but have a few places we are looking at. There is a new MLS team coming to Philadelphia that we are considering. We'd also like Australia or even the possibility to stay in Europe.
Why? Danny's team did some re-organizing and basically told Danny that he would no longer be needed. We were in shock. He went from being a starter and co-captain to sitting the bench within 1 week.
Has Danny been playing since? No. It has been really hard having someone sit the bench, especially when he deserves to be playing. Things are hard because since he is not playing on the 1st team, A.) He is not getting his playing time bonuses B.) He is not being called into the US teams (chance at World Cup team is very low) and C.) Potential teams cannot come look at him to see if they are something they want. Needless to say, this has been a very frustrating past couple of months.
How is Danny doing? Yeah, pretty crappy. Things are not going his way. The US team is coming to Denmark on November 18th and a few days ago he hurt his leg. He's hoping he'll be ready but, it doesn't look good. We need your prayers and healing powers, FAST!
Miscellaneous: Right now I am trying to sort through our things and find out what we definitely want to keep, need, etc.. It's hard because since I don't know if we'll be in Europe or the US is making it much harder.
Are we sad, happy, excited? I'm actually a little of everything. Sad because I finally feel like I have real friends here. We get together often, I just traveled with 1 family for 10 days, our kids are friends, etc.. Happy because I am ready for a change. Danny doesn't believe me but I am ready. Excited to meet new people/friends (I actually think I have more friends outside of Orange that I do in Orange. Weird but living abroad and meeting families that move like you, you have an instant connection).
**http://gramtrans.com/gt/url/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sporten.dk%2Ffodbold%2Fsas-ligaen-2009-2010%2Fher-er-kuhns-dodsliste&pair=dan2eng&domain=&x-form-id=translate_url
http://gramtrans.com/gt/url/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tipsbladet.dk%2Fnyhed%2Fsas-liga%2Favis-allan-kuhn-svinger-oeksen-over-otte-spillere&pair=dan2eng&domain=&x-form-id=translate_url
http://gramtrans.com/gt/url/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tipsbladet.dk%2Fnyhed%2Fsas-liga%2Fchristopher-poulsen-jeg-er-pisse-ligeglad&pair=dan2eng&domain=&x-form-id=translate_url
..and an older one: http://gramtrans.com/gt/url/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tipsbladet.dk%2Fnyhed%2Fgenerelle%2Fkuhn-slut-med-pressekritik&pair=dan2eng&domain=&x-form-id=translate_url
Friday, October 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment